Wage Scale To Also Increase 2.25 percent Each Year for 3 Years
It took eight months of difficult bargaining, but our new contract with management was ratified by the vast majority of members voting on September 13. Our Bargaining Team was extremely pleased with voter turnout at both Garfield Medical Center and Greater El Monte Community Hospital.
Twenty-two articles and two appendices remain as they were in our previous contract, and minor changes were made to several other articles. The most significant changes came in Article 12 Floating, Article 13 Compensation, and Clinical Ladder.
- The wage scale will increase by 2.25 percent each year of the three year contract.
- All RNs will receive a minimum 2 percent pay increase each year.
- RNs below the wage scale can receive a maximum increase of 10 percent in 2012 and 2013 to bring them closer to the wage scale.
- RN pay raises for 2012 are retroactive to April 1, 2012 (Limited to RNs employed by Garfield or El Monte at time of payment.)
- In 2014, all RNs will be brought to wage scale pay rates no matter how much it takes to bring the RN to scale.
- Program begins October 2013
- Bonus incentive for first years of the program will be $500 for Clinician III and $1,000 for Clinician IV.
- Existing Bargaining Unit members may achieve Clinician III with documented proof of obtaining a BSN or National Certification, or with 17 years of acute clinical experience.
- Existing Bargaining Unit members may achieve Clinician IV with documented proof of obtaining a BSN or National Certification, or 20 years of acute clinical experience.
- The 17 and 20 years of clinical experience may be achieved throughout an existing RN employee’s career at AHMC to satisfy the years of experience criteria.
- New employees must have a BSN or MSN degree or National Certification to achieve Staff Nurse III and IV.
- Clinical Ladder compensation after 2014 to be negotiated.
Click here to view a complete summary of contract changes.