Our local addresses many issues related to the health and safety of our members. If you are experiencing any health and safety problems on the job and you’re not sure how to handle it, please contact a Union Steward or your Union Representative. Issues can include but are not limited to:
- Lack of lift teams or proper lift equipment for safe patient handling
- Improper handling of bloodborne pathogens
- Wrong needles being provided that do not meet standards to avoid needlesticks
- Cal/OSHA standards are not being followed
- Bedbugs or other insect infestations that are not being dealt with
- OSHA 300 Injury Logs not being kept up-to-date and/or not provided when requested
- Nurse-to-patient ratios consistently outside of state mandated limits
- Lack of protection from workplace violence
- Any other issue that puts an RN’s or other staff member’s health and safety in jeopardy
If you have experienced or witnessed health and safety violations, please open the electronic questionnaire linked here and fill out to the best of your ability. The form will be forwarded to our Health & Safety Director once you submit it.
If you would like to print the questionnaire to fill out by hand, please click here.