Dear SEIU 121RN Stewards,
Special Message for New Stewards
Welcome and thank you for taking the lead at your worksite!
You just made our Union stronger!
Union strength starts at our worksites and as a Steward, you are the foundation of a solid, effective union. You inspire other members to stand strong and united for good union jobs and good hospitals that provide safe patient care.
Thank you for your dedication to your patients, your colleagues and your Union!
April 18 Recognition Dinner…Many of you attended our Steward and Labor Champion Recognition Dinner last year. Be sure to save the date and join us again this year as we recognize our Stewards, our Member Lobbyists and our “Healthcare Heroes” in elected office in Sacramento.
Women’s March…I’m happy to announce that SEIU Local 121RN will again participate in the Women’s March. This is a great opportunity for us to amplify our safe staffing message. Be sure to save the date and recruit others at your hospitals. Learn more and sign up »»» here.
And this is a great time to speak out about patient safety, because early 2019 is when we will re-introduce a bill to enforce Title 22’s legally-mandated nurse-to-patient ratios. Stay tuned!
Scholarships awarded…Check out the list of awardees »»» here. By the way, if the winner from your hospital has an inspiring story about their goals and studies, please reply to this email with their contact info and a short description. We’d love to highlight our RNs in newsletters and online.
Fire Relief Fund…Our Executive Board approved a donation last month to SEIU California’s Disaster Relief Fund. Please remind your colleagues that they may add their personal contribution to this fund that assists SEIU members across California »»» here and they may apply for assistance from this fund »»» here.
ICYMI: Two good **ONLINE** Steward tools on our website…
- January 19, 2019—Women’s March—Learn more and sign up »»» here
- April 18, 2019—Steward and Labor Champion Recognition Dinner
- Our 2019 Steward Training Calendar (every 3rd Wednesday):
- Steward Training Part 1—January 16, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—February 20, 2019
- Steward Training Part 1—March 20, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—April 17, 2019
- Steward Training Part 1—May 15, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—June June 19, 2019
- Steward Training Part 1—July 17, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—August 21, 2019
- Steward Training Part 1—September 18, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—October 16, 2019
- Steward Training Part 1—November 20, 2019
- Steward Training Part 2—December 18, 2019
- Check our website calendar for more!
Union Bulletin Board: find the latest to keep your Union Bulletin Board up-to-date! Check out the »»» online Purple Comms folder for current flyers and brochures.
If you have difficulty accessing this online folder, please reply to this email and we’ll assist you. For hospital-specific flyers, please contact your Union Rep/Organizer (click on your hospital »»» here for details).
Don’t hesitate to reply and we’ll make sure your question, suggestion or concern gets to the appropriate person.
Chief of Staff SEIU Local 121RN