- February 7, 2019—State Senator Connie M. Leyva (D—Chino) introduced SB 227, which the RNs of SEIU Local 121RN co-sponsored to help California enforce its safe staffing regulations. SB 227 will protect patient safety by fining hospitals that constantly put our patients’ care in danger.
- March 5, 2019—RNs visit key Senators in anticipation of upcoming Committee votes. Learn more about our day here.
- April 10, 2019—The bill cleared its first hurdle, winning overwhelming support in the Senate Health Committee. See how the Committee Members voted here. Click here to watch some great news coverage and our press conference that day. And click here:
- April 29, 2019—The bill cleared the Senate Appropriations Committee; next step will be a floor vote in the Senate.
- May 9, 2019—The bill passed 21-to-13 on the Senate floor vote and now goes to the State Assembly. Its first hurtle will be that chamber’s Health Committee. Stay tuned! See how our Senators voted here. …and remember: fight the fairytale!