In addition to our 121RN events at your hospitals, our International Union is hosting many virtual events for Nurses Week…
Dear America: Voice from the Front Lines of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting nurses both personally and professionally. We want to hear directly from you about what you’re seeing in your communities, how you’re feeling, and how we can all build power together in our union and our movement to meet this crisis and move forward together. We invite you to share your thoughts, fears and emotions via this anonymous submission form. SEIU will collect responses and share them anonymously in blog posts and on our social media channels. Our goal is to lift up the raw, unfiltered voices of SEIU nurses on the front lines to raise awareness of the struggles and triumphs you experience daily. Share your story here.
A Conversation with Frontline Nurses — recorded on Wednesday, May 6, 2–3 p.m.
- Watch SEIU International President Mary Kay Henry and 4 frontline nurses from across the country recorded during an informal conversation about the realities of nursing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch it on the Nurse Alliance of SEIU Healthcare’s Facebook page
Applying Emotional First Aid: Recognizing and Managing Emotional Distress and Burnout — Thursday, May 7, 5:30–7 p.m. Attendees will be awarded 1 Contact Hour
- We’re hosting a Zoom event featuring Manendra Bhugra, MA, LMSW, manager of learning and development at CCA. The conversation will focus on stress management and resilience, compassion fatigue, coping with health concerns as a healthcare professional and self-care for caregivers. Hosted by Martha Baker, RN, chair, Nurse Alliance of SEIU Healthcare. RSVP here.
Tools for Calm: Mindfulness for Nurses — Friday, May 8, 9–10 a.m. Attendees will be awarded 1 Contact Hour
- Join Leslie Philips, MS, Ph.D., senior director, and Danielle Sewell, senior program manager, mindfulness teaching & initiatives, SEIU 775 Benefits Group, and explore the science behind and the benefits of mindfulness, as well as learn core mindfulness techniques nurses can employ to stay grounded as they navigate these unprecedented times. RSVP here.
A Digital First Aid Kit for SEIU Nurses
- Visit http://www.seiu.org/nurses/ Wednesday May 6th to access a digital first aid kit for COVID-19 nurses. There you’ll find free apps, trials and guides nurses can use during this time of crisis.