|Click here to check out the “Myths and Facts” about Prop. 15.|
While the wealthiest corporations avoid paying their fair share, our schools have the most crowded classrooms in the nation and our local communities are struggling to respond to the impact of COVID.
Say yes to Prop 15!
What Is Prop 15?
Prop 15 is a fair and balanced reform that:
- Closes property tax loopholes benefiting wealthy corporations.
- Cuts small business taxes.
- Reclaims billions every year to invest in our schools and local communities.
- Exempts homeowners, renters, small businesses and agricultural land so they continue to be protected by Prop 13.
- Prioritizes transparency and accountability by requiring public disclosure of all new revenues and how they are spent.
Just 10% of California’s most expensive nonresidential commercial properties account for 92% of Prop 15’s loophole-closing revenues.
Prop 15 will reclaim billions every year for our schools, community colleges, and essential local services in EVERY county to invest in things like:
- Class sizes
- Health care services
- Fighting homelessness
- Firefighters and their equipment
- Safe drinking water
- Preparing for future disasters such as wildfire, pandemic or earthquake