COVID-19: Navigating legal and practice issues during the pandemic It’s the law: your employer must protect you
Sat. June 13th, 1pm-4pm
Wed. June 17th, 4pm-7pm
For info call: (626) 639-6200
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR EMAIL:
- Hospital, Dept and Shift
- BRN License #
- Personal Email
- Cell Phone
There are a myriad of legal issues presented during this unprecedented time of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The guidelines, recommendations and laws are changing daily. This class will provide you with current, accurate, and detailed information explained by a Nurse Attorney.
Your employer has an obligation to provide a safe working environment (OSHA)
This course will cover the following:
- What PPE is required under California State Law and Federal Law (CDC)
- What Employee protection is required when respirators are not available
- What you can do if you lack the proper PPE – claims and current nursing cases
- Liability issues – What are the Standards of Care? Do we have immunity during the pandemic?
- Licensing issues – What the California BRN says regarding COVID-19
- Your employment law rights – The benefits you are entitled to related to COVID-19; workers compensation, paid sick leave, family leave if someone at home is sick or if school is canceled, etc.
- Long term care settings – special problems
- Dealing with stress and burnout from the pandemic
Requirements: Plan on logging in from a computer or tablet with a screen large enough to view a PowerPoint presentation. You will need camera and audio to participate as part of the live, interactive video education program.
Objectives – after completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss PPE standards that apply to nurses and other healthcare workers for COVID-19.
- Describe steps nurses can take to advocate for safer workplaces.
- Describe liability issues and standards of care for RNs & liabilities.