Financial services program for SEIU members
- Financial education – Financial education to guide members to the right products and help with broader financial issues.
SEIU’s over 2 million members, along with other members of the AFL-CIO, gives the more than 13 million union members and their families substantial purchasing power.
Through member-only programs offered by SEIU in partnership with Union Privilege–a program founded by the AFL-CIO to provide consumer benefits–we’re able to provide you and your family with special discounts, rates, and savings.
As a SEIU member or retiree, you’re entitled to member-only benefits such as skip payments and financial assistance in the event of disability or layoff. These programs are designed specifically for union members and their families.
To learn more about Union Privilege and its programs, visit www.unionplus.org or call 1-800-452-9425.
Union discounts on financial services
- Credit counseling – Regain control of your finances and stop collection calls. Get help from a high quality, non-profit counseling service, with free counseling and debt management plans. 1-877-833-1745
- Union Plus Assistance grants – Eligible union member can apply for Union Plus Assistance money (which does not need to be repaid) — and access Union Plus benefits and advice — to help combat the problems in today’s economy.
- Save my home hotline – Are you having trouble keeping up with your mortgage payments? Act now and get a confidential, free consultation with expert housing counselors.
- Retirement Planning Center
- Debt Management Help
- Movie tickets – Save up to 46% off box office price by purchasing movie tickets in advance.
- Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach – Purchase tickets in advance and save!
- Legal services – Free and discounted legal assistance. 1-888-993-8886.
- Education services – Provides information about education services: loans and scholarships; how to select a college and prepare for college entry tests; buying books from a union-organized online bookstore; and much more. Visit www.unionplus.org/education for details. Talk to a financial aid counselor at 1-877-881-1022.
Shopping and Gifts
- Pet savings – Cut the cost of owning a pet. 1-866-473-7387.
- Veterinarian Services: Save 25% on veterinarian services. 1-877-789-7387.
- Flowers – Save 20% when you send flowers. To place an order visit Union Plusor call 1-888-667-7779.
- Gift certificates – Enjoy the convenience of buying multiple gift cards all in one location. Gift cards make perfect gifts and you can save. Receive free shipping from some of America’s most popular merchants. Call 1-800-565-3712 and reference company member id 744387769.
- Dell computers – Discounts on computers and accessories. Call 1-800-695-8133 and reference member ID: PS16626766
Health and Well Being
- Medical savings – Reduce your family’s out-of-pocket health care expenses with discounts on dental and vision care, prescription drugs, hearing, podiatry and diabetic supplies. 1-877-570-4845.
- Health club memberships – Pre-negotiated 20% to 60% discounts on monthly fees at over 1,500 health clubs. 1-888-294-1500.
House and Home
- Mortgage – Makes buying or selling a home or refinancing a mortgage easier and more affordable. Features include strike, layoff and disability assistance, and an easy application process. 1-800-848-6466.
- Budget truck rental – Save 20% on Budget truck rentals. Reference BART discount code #56000127763.
- Heating oil rebate – If you are a member of the Union Plus Home Heating Oil Program (which can help you save $300 annually for a low first year fee of only $15), you could get a $100 rebate towards the purchase of new energy efficient heating oil equipment.
- Moving discount – Preferred moving discounts. 1-800-593-2526.
- Life insurance – A wide range of coverage is available to help protect your union family’s future–including life, accident, disability and hospital recovery insurance. 1-800-393-0864.
- Auto insurance – Members who purchase this insurance save an average of $393 on their auto insurance bill. Up to $250 grant for Driver’s Education classes. 1-800-294-9496.
- Accident insurance – UnionSecure provides a wide range of insurance protection with accident coverage and $5,000 of accidental death insurance at no cost.
- Pet insurance – Save 10% on pet health insurance premiums. 1-866-473-7387.
Travel and Recreation
- Union Plus car rentals – Save up to 25% on car rentals. Avis: 1-800-698-5685, ID #B723700. Budget: 1-800-455-2848, ID# V816100. Hertz: 1-800-654-2200, ID# 205666.
- Theme park discounts – Enjoy the thrill and excitement at some of the best theme parks nationwide for less! Save at parks including Busch Gardens, Disneyland, Disney World, SeaWorld, Six Flags, Universal Studios and more. 1-800-565-3712, ID# 744387769.
- Union Plus travel center – The one stop for all of your travel needs. Find the best online deals on airfares and hotel reservations through Travelocity, the largest search engine on the internet. Get discounts on car rentals, cruises, worldwide tours, RV and condo rentals.
- Worldwide vacation tours – Discounted international travel packages and tours. Union members save $100. 1-800-590-1104.
- Goodyear tires – Save up to 15% when you service your car or buy tires, and support union workers who make many Goodyear tires.
- AT&T Wireless – Save up to 10% on cellular phone service with a unionized wireless phone company. 1-800-897-7046. Smartphone Rebate program.
- Union made checks – Union-printed checks and return-address labels that feature your union logo. 1-888-864-6625.
- Clothing discounts – Buy union-made apparel and save 5% to 10% on everything you buy. Find the union label on jeans, dress shirts, casual wear, dresses, jackets and more. Justice Clothing Co.: 1-888-661-0620. No Sweat Apparel: 1-877-922-7827, Code: UnionPlus. All American Clothing: 1-888-937-8009, Code: UnionPlus.
- Consumer Reports – Save 27% on an annual subscription to ConsumerReports.org, Consumer Reports’ online consumer information web site featuring Product Reviews, Product Ratings and Buying Guides.
- Vehicles – Purchase vehicles produced by workers who enjoy the benefits and protections of a union contract. View the 2009 United Auto Workers (UAW) Consumer Buying Guide