Agreement Also Details Priority for Extra Shifts
Our new contract ratified last year added language that specifies that cancellations be made by inverse seniority – the RN with the least amount of experience at Kaiser Moreno Valley – and that they rotate within clusters.
The Nursing Supervisor will now maintain a cancellation log for Inpatient Nursing departments which will include: The name, status /seniority of the employee, and a copy of the daily staffing guide for the relevant shift.
Called Off Out of Order?
If an RN is called off out of order, he or she may request to be placed on a priority list to work a future comparable shift. MVCH will make its best effort to work with employees on the priority list to find them a shift within their availability within 30 days.
When a shift comes available, it will be offered, in order, to employees on the priority list. An employee will have the right to refuse one offered shift, but if the employee declines a second shift within the 30 days, they will be removed from the priority list.
3. Travelers on extra hours
4. Per diem / on-call and limited part-time employees on overtime
5. Part-time on overtime
6. Full-time on overtime
8. Temporary employees
9. On-call / per diem and limited part-time on scheduled shifts
10. Part-time on scheduled shift
11. Full-time on scheduled shift
- If an employee does not want to be placed on the priority list, or if an employee on the priority list declines to work the shift offered, that employee will be bypassed the next time he/she comes up for cancellation.
- If an employee on the priority list is due to be cancelled, the employee shall be bypassed and removed from the priority list.
- In no case will an employee in the Bargaining Unit be cancelled in order to fulfill the requirement of this section.
- If an employee is cancelled during his/her shift and the cancellation makes up 50 percent of the shift, this shift will be counted as a cancellation (rather than a flex).