6-CEU Class: Violence is NOT Part of the Job
SEIU Local 121RN and the SEIU Nurse Alliance of California will present a 6-CEU class on April 30 for members, “Violence is Not Part of the Job.” The class is being held in conjunction with Workers’ Memorial Day (April 28), a day to commemorate those who have been killed or seriously injured on-the-job.
Participants will learn about:
- What constitutes workplace bullying and how it affects our practice and nursing care.
- What is a Cal-OSHA complaint and how is it filed and investigated?
- How are incidents of violence reported to Cal/OSHA and what results from the reports?
- What is an Injury, Illness and Prevention Program?
- Hospital Safety Programs
- Case studies on workplace violence
- History of Workers' Memorial Day
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP 14634
Tell Your Story of Workplace Violence
Recent tragic events have put a spotlight on violence against nurses and other healthcare workers. As nurses, it is up to us to ensure safety on the job. The first step must be to stop accepting workplace violence as part of the territory of being a nurse and speak honestly about what's going on out there. It is time for us to report violence and tell our stories. Click here to share YOUR story.