Happy Nurses Week!! As nurses, we do our best for our patients every day. And as Union nurses, we do our best for each other every day.
Think about what we have been able to accomplish together through our Union:
- Staffing & workload improvements
- Improved patient care through labor management and/or staffing committees
- A fair system for paid time off
- Educational benefits at many facilities
- Weekend work rotation and/or weekend pay differential
- A fair system of call-offs and call-back and enforcement of rotation list when it’s violated
- Fair wage increases
Often described as an art and a science, nursing is a profession that embraces dedicated people with varied interests, strengths and passions because of the many opportunities the profession offers. We have many roles – from staff nurse to educator to nurse practitioner and nurse researcher – and serve all of them with passion for the profession and with a strong commitment to patient safety. That’s why we honor our nurse members today and every day.
Our Union Rep will hand out gifts to 121RN nurse members on a first-come, first-served basis this week. Contact your worksite Union Rep to find out when.