After a marathon 19-hour bargaining session with management on Jan. 28-29, the RN Bargaining Team at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center reached a tentative agreement (TA) on a new Union contract. The planned strike is no longer needed and has been canceled.
Because of our unity and strength, we were able to settle a contract. Instead of a strike, we’ll be voting on whether to approve our new contract. Providence St. Joseph member RNs should come out and vote Feb. 5 or 6. If you’re off work that day, make sure to stop in and cast your vote!
We, your Bargaining Team, recommend a YES vote, and we thank you for all your support!
Thursday, Feb. 5 Noon to 3 p.m. / 6 to 8 p.m. / 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Friday, Feb. 6 Noon to 3 p.m. / 6 to 8 p.m. / 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
All voting located in Lockheed C
(additional details will be in contract summary)
51-month contract (4 years and 3 months). CBA runs from Oct. 31, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2018
- 3.25% increase on Jan. 1 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2.9% on Jan. 1, 2018.
- Retroactive pay for one full month (pay for January 2015) as long as contract is ratified by Feb. 10, 2015.
- Per Diem rate increase from $44.50 per hour to $47.50 per hour upon ratification.
- $9 per hour increase to the base rate for any RNs who work Supplemental Registry Pool (in-house SRP) shifts.
- Increased Charge RN pay by .25 cents per hour.
- Increased Night Shift differential by .25 cents per hour.
- Increased Stand-by / Call-back differential by .25 cents per hour.
- Certification bonuses upon obtaining, renewing certifications and annually thereafter.
PTO and ESL
- Current employees’ Extended Sick Leave (ESL) accounts to be grand-fathered for a period of 3 years and added language to include coverage for family members as well, not just employee.
- Higher PTO accrual rates for members in exchange for PTO based on hours rather than FTE status, however, PTO accrual is protected if hospital flexes RNs due to low census / low activity. PTO will continue to accrue in this situation.
- Improved access to clinical ladder
- Including Credit for college courses