Now accepting nominations for SEIU 121RN Chapter Officers! Nomination petitions are due by March 12, so start getting your required signatures now. Return to a Union Steward or to our Union Representative.
All Chapter Officers & Stewards:
- Must be members in good standing.
- Support and carry out the decisions of the 121RN Union-wide Leadership body at each Chapter.
- Are familiar with and enforce our Union contract.
- Participate in Union meetings and activities.
- Organize and mobilize co-workers to effectively address workplace issues.
- Help to distribute flyers and other communications with a network of activists.
- Participate in Labor-Management and other committees to improve workplace conditions.
- Support the bargaining process of the Chapters.
- Responsible for informing Chapter membership of Union programs and supporting Union-wide Leadership decisions.
- In conjunction with Rep, works on strategy and plan to make improvements at the worksite.
- Presides over Chapter meetings and Steward Council meetings.
- May chair committee meetings at the worksite (i.e. Labor Management).
- Takes on roles and responsibilities of Chapter President in his/her absence.
- Chairs COPE committee.
- Responsible for coordination, education and mobilization in support of political programs.
- Responsible for communications within the Chapter.
- Takes minutes at Chapter meetings and responsible for distribution of Chapter meeting minutes.
- Chairs Membership Committee.
There are additional requirements for each Chapter Officer position and details are available. If interested, please talk with a Union Steward or our Union Representative.
Click here to view and/or print the Chapter Officer nomination petition. Those wishing to run for a Chapter Officer position must complete this form.