More resources on Coronavirus
February 28, 2020
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for frequent breaking news.
- posted on 3/23: Click here for sick leave and health coverage laws under the new federal “Families First Act”
- posted on 3/23: Click here for CDPH guidelines for self-isolation, which states that the guidance does not apply to people who work in essential services, such as hospital and health care workers.
- posted 3/19: See below for a chart explaining various benefits for workers impacted by COVID-19. Click on the chart for a larger version. ...and here are helpful phone numbers: »»» Disability Insurance: 800-357-7964 »»» Paid Family Leave: 800-480-3287 »»» Unemployment Insurance: 800-300-5616 »»» Paid Sick Leave: 877-238-4373 »»» Workers' Compensation: 800-736-7401
- posted 3/18: The AHA's recommendation here stating that employers should consider extending recognition of AHA Provider Cards
- posted 3/15: Important information here from the California Employment Development Department
- posted 3/13: The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor Coronavirus resource page
- posted 3/10: The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions has a great resource page
- posted 2/28: Some informative videos here and here
- posted 2/28: Healthcare Professional Preparedness Checklist For Transport and Arrival of Patients With Confirmed or Possible COVID-19 » https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/hcp-personnel-checklist.html
- posted 2/28: Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) or Persons Under Investigation for COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings » https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/infection-control/control-recommendations.html
- posted 2/28: Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators » https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-supply-strategies.html