|Join the call on Wed., Aug 12th to learn about our next steps!8:00 a.m. or 8:00 p.m.|
LET’S JUST CALL IT WHAT IT IS: HCA is waging war on its Nurses & Licensed Professionals.
- They started gearing up for battle before we even started bargaining.
- They’ve got a huge war chest; while most hospitals are struggling financially during the pandemic, HCA just announced they’re even more profitable than last year—and they’re using that money to battle Nurses and Licensed Professionals.
- They’ve been targeting many of us who speak out, threatening us and even trying to eliminate our positions.
And now they’ve walked away from our contract negotiations.
- They simply don’t want Nurses and Licensed Professionals to share our horror stories with anyone from the media or the legislature.
- Then they falsely accused our Bargaining Team of refusing to negotiate—when they walked away and continue to stall.
- And they continue to refuse to return to contract negotiations (which is legally required under the federal National Labor Relations Act).
Meanwhile, our Bargaining Team stays busy.
Despite management refusing to join us, Bargaining Team members are putting in long hours as we plan together how to keep all departments safely staffed. Safe meal and break relief that ensures patients have enough staff on duty at all times (no doubling up on patient loads). All units maintain safe staffing levels of support personnel.
Speak with a Bargaining Team Member, Union Steward or your Union Rep/Organizer: LOS ROBLES—Corey Clark, (805) 253-2357, firstname.lastname@example.org RIVERSIDE—Jennifer Sanchez , (626) 437-6976, email@example.com WEST HILLS—Shamora Freeman, (626) 841-6431, firstname.lastname@example.org