$2,000 Robert Thomas Memorial Scholarship
One qualified applicant could receive this $2,000 educational scholarship—given to an RN/Healthcare Professional Union activist. Thomas was an RN at Pomona Valley Hospital who was active in Local 121RN until his health prevented him from doing so. Applicants for this scholarship must meet the general qualifications, including having served within the past five years as a 121RN Member of a Bargaining Team, Legislative Lobbying Team, Union Committee, Steward, Chapter or Executive Officer, or other active position within the Union or Chapter.
One member at each 121RN represented hospital could receive $1,000 for educational pursuits.
Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
- Must be a Local 121RN member in good standing for at least 12 months prior to application
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university in a nursing or healthcare related field.
- Members will be selected by seniority based upon adjusted hire date. Priority is given to those who have not received an SEIU Local 121RN scholarship in the past.
- A member may receive the Robert Thomas Memorial Scholarship only once.
- Members working at hospitals that joined 121RN less than one year ago must have been employed at the facility for at least one year.
Recipients will be selected from candidates who meet all criteria outlined above and submit the following documents prior to the deadline of Thursday, June 30, 2022:
- Scholarship application form
- Proof of registration at an accredited university (include copies of course registration)
- Proof of payment of school fees (include copies of receipt, canceled check or credit card receipt)
- All paperwork must be complete and submitted prior to the deadline.
- When registering online, documents must be sent by the deadline.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 626-395-7538, Mail: SEIU121RN Attn: Brandy Grey, RN, 1040 Lincoln Ave, Pasadena, CA 91103
- Successful applicants will receive funds when proof of a passing grade is submitted at the end of the term.
Awardees will be notified July 15, 2022.